PTA Minutes 30.06.2021

PTA meeting Agenda June 2021

Date: 30/06/2021

Zoom Meeting ID: 719 5504 1071

Passcode: 8Tpcuu

Apologies: Tavis Prewett; Sophie Mcintosh; Liz Rogers; Vic Lock

Attendees: Kirsty Duffield; Lucy Durston-Birt; Sandra Grant; Sarah Chorley; Helena Hopkins; Rachael Rusgys; Clare Brimble

Correspondence received: None


·         Finance update: Craft stock sales £30; Uniform £6; Storage box (for donated Tesco Halloween costumes) cost £13.79; Smarties challenge profit £994.63; Father’s Day stalls profit £364.45.  Current balance £5431.16 (unpresented chq for playground markings £2350) £3081.16


·         Events feedback: Father’s Day stalls – nursery chattering teeth and water squirters popular (little ones buy for themselves not their dads!)  Smarties challenge: Reception and Yr6 raised most funds.  PTA funded class treats as prizes.


·         Next event: Year 6 leavers event 15/7  – PTA providing ice cream van and Tin Can Kitchen food.


·         Fund spending: SG requested funding for 2 Smart TVs (Nursery and Reception cost £2598) : approved.



·         AOB:  New shelter – SG to look into getting “non slip” on the sloping ramp up to shelter.  SG – to get quote for rub down/ painting of wooden playground equipment.

HH asked where preloved uniform is advertised.  Periodic posts on FB page, SC advised that she’s added a link to PTA FB page for preloved uniform info on Nursery/ Reception new starters presentations.

LDB: request from parents for a proper path between playgrounds (instead of stepping stones) It gets muddy in the Winter.  SG advised it is a question for Newport council not the school.  RR to take forward next week at Governors meeting.

Requested 8 “thank you” cards be done by pupils to give to supermarkets that have donated through the year. SG to organise, KD to pick up 16/7.