PTA Minutes 08/01/2019
Mount Pleasant PTA meeting 08/01/2019
Attendees: Sian Heaton (SH), Kirsty Duffield (KD), Sandra Grant (SG), Claire Pickering (CP), Sarah Egan (SE)
1. Apologies: Lucy Durston-Birt (LDB), Andy Browning, Rachel Rusgys, Katie Lee, Kristie Hanton.
2. PTA constitution – “Parentkind” have a template to provide governance as well as public liability insurance and resources. Membership £110 SH to apply.
3. Minutes of last meeting published on website.
4. Last meeting actions: Smart TV promotional video done and posted on website and facebook page; Tesco uniform sales registration confirmed by Mrs Grant. Action to publicise this more through PTA as school gets 5% of all sales.
5. Correspondence received: nothing to action.
6. Finance update: Disco £457.75 profit; Uniform sales £22; Christmas fayre £418.91. Balance currently £1020.93. RE: Account Signatories: Emma Lindsay to sign for transfer of signatories this week.
7. Fundraising co-ordinator update: no update. However, tapping in to match funding discussed.
8. Class reps: no update.
9. (and 10.) Next events: Penny Wars: 2 weeks beginning 14/1; Disco Thurs 21/2 SH to book Characters and co. LDB and others to source tuck shop donations, class lists and float provided by SG; Easter egg hunt Friday 12/04, Foundation phase in the morning, key stage 2 in the afternoon. SG to source chocolate egg donations from Tesco. SE to look into format for egg hunt; Possible parents quiz/ race night at Mama Linas KD to contact venue.
11. AOB: Charity registration discussed, not viable at the moment. Monthly lottery bonus ball idea discussed as a fundraiser. Pre-loved school uniform sales (branded jumpers and cardigans) discussed. Idea to have a rail in the staff room on next parents evening.