PTA Minutes 12.03.2020

PTA meeting Minutes

Thurs 12/03/2020 3.30pm Staffroom


Apologies: Kristie Hanton, Sorrell Roberts, Rebecca Thomas, Rachel Rusgys

Attendees:  Lucy Durston-Birt, Kirsty Duffield, Sarah Chorley, Tavis Prewett


·         Correspondence received:

Newport Council Lottery licence renewal: £20 chq raised (licence allows raffle tickets to be sold prior to date of draw)

Class Fundraising tea towels invoice: £576 chq raised

Lottery return form completed for Christmas 2019 raffle (KED)


·         Finance update:  Treasurer not present, no update.


·         Next Events:

Mother’s Day stalls: 19th/ 20th March – Kristie Hanton has bought for this, gifts 50p-£3.  5 volunteers needed for each day between 1.15 and 2.45pm.  Volunteers confirmed so far: Thurs: Kristie, Kirsty, Sorrell, Becky.  Fri: Lucy, Sorrell, Rachel Rusgys

Mother’s Day tea towels: 237 sold, profit £240 approx.  

·         Disco Thurs 2/4/2020, DJ booked.  Volunteers and supplies needed.  Warburtons to be contacted for hotdog rolls (LDB); Morrisons for hotdogs; KED to share letter with LDB for supply donations; Tesco express Rogerstone to be contacted for supplies.


·         Book swap/ event – Book swap event to take place in summer term. Request books with suggestion that children hang onto one for a book swap event. LDB has contacted Jo Allmond and her daughter Jess Hiles (National Special Olympics silver & gold medallist) who would be happy to attend and address the whole school and sign books, do book readings at the event after school. LDB has also contacted a sports journalist that would be happy to attend and support this event. Possibility to sell bookmarks, and activities could take place for children to make bookmarks. The principles of this event were supported with the suggestion that a main event be held with smaller regular book swaps to take place during the school year. LDB to contact Jo to see if they would address whole school, do readings with classes and attend event.


·         Playground repairs still outstanding.


·         How to spend funds: discussion on 3 areas for possible funding: playground equipment (bench, broken bridge, renew netball hoops), Forest school, playground markings.  Suppliers “Landscapes for learning”, “Sovereign Play”.  Possible “working party” to clear the forest school area and redesign.  LDB to contact Sarah – a parent, who has been involved in regenerating the Welfare Grounds.  Meeting to be set up.


·         AOB: Container sort out – check on supplies for disco. Next meeting date TBC