PTA Minutes 06.02.2019
Mount Pleasant Primary School PTA Meeting
6thFebruary 2019 at 7pm in Staffroom
In attendance: Sandra Grant, Sian Heaton, Kirsty Duffield, Relene Fremon, Paul Smith.
- Apologies: Lucy Durston-Birt, Rachel Rusgys, Kristie Hanton, Claire Pickering.
- PTA constitution accepted, to be added to school website.
- Minutes of last meeting approved. Problem with adding minutes to PTA section of website – to be chased up by KD.
- Actions from last meeting Egg hunt – SG to chase up Easter Egg donations end of Feb. Uniform shop open on Facebook page. Match funding advertised on FB page. Lottery licence to be purchased £60/ this year. £20 subsequent years. This allows for pre-event raffle ticket sales and possible school lottery.
- Correspondence received: Circus – possible collaboration with Rogerstone school, they are having a meeting this month – more to follow SH.
- Finance update (Treasurer) Account balance: £1254.93, £106.48 additional from penny wars added tonight. Total: 1361.41
- Fundraising co-ordinator update, no update.
- Class representative update, no update
- Next event status
- Disco (Thursday 21st February) 72 cup drinks and water already in stock. Kirsty to contact Kristie with shopping list for rest. Lucy DB requesting food/ drink donations.
- Parents social event (Thursday 21stMarch) – postponed for now. Discussed possibility of family day trip instead.
- Easter hunt (Friday 12thApril) Await update from Sara Egan (on holiday).
- Future events planning
- Mother’s Day stalls: Kristie Hanton to co-ordinate Thurs 28thand Fri 29thMarch
- Ideas for summer term: Year 6 leavers bowling trip paid for by PTA.
- KED to approach Manic Street Pizzas for food at the event, raffle with tickets to be sold beforehand.
- AOB: School calendars / tea towels. Could have a school competition for the artwork on these.
- Date of next meeting 07/03/2019
Meeting close at 8pm