PTA Minutes 27.04.2021
PTA meeting Minutes April 2021
Attendees: Kirsty Duffield, Sophie McIntosh, Lucy Durston-Birt, Sarah Chorley, Helena Hopkins, Liz Rogers, Amy Boxall, Aysima Harper, Helen Hayward & Tavis Prewett
Correspondence received: Thank you letter from Dinky Dragons. Annual lottery licence renewal lottery licence £20 paid
· Finance update: Charity payments to “Dinky Dragons” and “21plus” £500; Mother’s Day stalls (KS1 and hub): profit £160.17, preloved uniform £45, craft stock sales £35.89. Current account balance £4066.87
· Mother’s Day stalls: feedback all positive from staff, consider similar for Fathers Day
· Our voice our choice our Newport: Unsuccessful, look for any other community grants. £1000 grant already applied for with POBL for raised beds.
· Playground markings: contacted Fawns, Creative Performed Markings and Touchline for quotes. Idea of costs (Fawns): Hundred Square with snakes and ladders £810 (3.1mx3.1m) middle yard; Netball court (30mx15m) £567, year 5/6 yard. Reception/ Yr1 yard idea tbc. 2 quotes received, awaiting 3rd – selection and work will then be carried out.
· Bus Shelter – Volunteers to paint after repair. Donations for paint to be sourced. Additionally, school look into possibility of adding annual “wood treatment” (painting) element to contract with groundskeeper to increase lifespan.
· Events – Sports Day could combine PTA raffle. Miss Jenkins to help co-ordinate Yr6 leavers- Festival style celebration within class, Gilwern mobile climbing wall (£600) additional instructors with extra activities (£750), ice cream van and tin can kitchen also options. PTA to contribute £400, LDB to co-ordinate with parents. Father’s Day can be class stalls again, children could make crafts to sell, consider link with Dynamo?
· KD and LDB tidied up PTA container – plenty of garden games found in locker, could also be used for yr6 leavers.
· AOB: Wildflower seeds received from Newport Council Biodiversity officer and delivered to Mrs Chorley. An area of forest school to be dedicated for seeds. Morrison’s sunflower seeds to be collected and planted along the outside of the school
Penny wars to be “Smarties Challenge” this year, smartie tube donations to be sought from supermarkets. Children asked to collect 20p’s in tube in return for good deeds/ chores