PTA Minutes 30.06.2021
PTA meeting Agenda June 2021
Zoom Meeting ID: 719 5504 1071
Apologies: Tavis Prewett; Sophie Mcintosh; Liz Rogers; Vic Lock
Attendees: Kirsty Duffield; Lucy Durston-Birt; Sandra Grant; Sarah Chorley; Helena Hopkins; Rachael Rusgys; Clare Brimble
Correspondence received: None
· Finance update: Craft stock sales £30; Uniform £6; Storage box (for donated Tesco Halloween costumes) cost £13.79; Smarties challenge profit £994.63; Father’s Day stalls profit £364.45. Current balance £5431.16 (unpresented chq for playground markings £2350) £3081.16
· Events feedback: Father’s Day stalls – nursery chattering teeth and water squirters popular (little ones buy for themselves not their dads!) Smarties challenge: Reception and Yr6 raised most funds. PTA funded class treats as prizes.
· Next event: Year 6 leavers event 15/7 – PTA providing ice cream van and Tin Can Kitchen food.
· Fund spending: SG requested funding for 2 Smart TVs (Nursery and Reception cost £2598) : approved.
· AOB: New shelter – SG to look into getting “non slip” on the sloping ramp up to shelter. SG – to get quote for rub down/ painting of wooden playground equipment.
HH asked where preloved uniform is advertised. Periodic posts on FB page, SC advised that she’s added a link to PTA FB page for preloved uniform info on Nursery/ Reception new starters presentations.
LDB: request from parents for a proper path between playgrounds (instead of stepping stones) It gets muddy in the Winter. SG advised it is a question for Newport council not the school. RR to take forward next week at Governors meeting.
Requested 8 “thank you” cards be done by pupils to give to supermarkets that have donated through the year. SG to organise, KD to pick up 16/7.