Homework for this week is as follows:-
Go Shopping !
Go shopping with your parents and complete the follloowing challenges:-
- Take £2 when you go shopping- look carefully, what could you buy? How much does yu shoping with your £2 total?
- How much change will you get?
- Look at your parents shopping receipt- choose 10 tems and write them out in pence only
- When you arrive home, look at the shoping- what is the heaviest item?
- Can you add the weight of 2 items?
This can be done orally with your child or written, it would be great to see some written evidence. I want to make Maths real, I want the children to see how much Maths is all around them every day, so we start here, with the theme of money.
Have fun !