School Fair Trade Policy
Mount Pleasant Primary School is committed to supporting Fair Trade wherever possible.
In particular the school will:
- Ensure Fair Trade is part of the School Improvement Plan
- Use Fair Trade tea, coffee and sugar in the staff room and meetings where possible
- Use Fair Trade ingredients for any cooking activities related to the curriculum
- Purchase Fair Trade sports balls when buying new ones
- Ensure Fair Trade products are available in all outlets and vending machines over which school has control
- Ask the LEA to include the use of Fair Trade products as a requirement in catering contracts for schools
- Ensure Fair Trade is taught as part of appropriate subjects and curriculum projects
- Explore having school uniform made from Fairtrade cotton
- Promote Fair Trade within the school community, particularly during Fairtrade Fortnight or multi-cultural week.
This policy is supported by:
The board of governors
The student council
To be reviewed September 2012
020 7405 5942 (London) www.fairtrade.org.uk
All you need to know about Fairtrade, plus teaching resources,
lesson and assembly ideas, photos of farmers,
case studies of producers, video,
board game, powerpoints.
Excellent resources and teacher packs especially the Chembakolli - Life and
Change in an Indian Village - tea party, videos, posters.
Romero Close, London, SW9 9TY 020 7733 7900
Fairtrade resources, lesson & assembly resources, whiteboard activity,
powerpoint presentation. Also great information about Trade Justice,
Make Poverty History- the wider global issues.
Teacher packs, videos games, petitions, campaign materials,
writing to MPs/companies.
Great teaching resources for the wider global issues. Lesson plans,
activity sheets, childrens pages with online game. Similar to the Cafod website.
5th Floor, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP 020 7850 5555
Database of images, videos, audio, interactive whiteboard, documents.
Comic Relief's Fairtrade Chocolate, Dubble: www.dubble.co.uk
(Great fun for children - log on and become a
double agent! Its all about Fairtrade chocolate.) Database of images,
videos, audio, interactive whiteboard, documents.
The Co-operative Group
0800 068 6727 Teaching and resource pack for primary schools (KS2).
The pack includes lots of classroom activities specially designed to introduce
Fairtrade to KS2 students. For more information see
Wide range of classroom resources on Fairtrade and related themes for all age groups.
International Cocoa Organisation
Trade Section as part of A-Z guide.
Labour Behind the Label
Great website especially for secondary. Looks at working conditions
of clothes makers for our fashion industry. Campaign postcards for
High Street shops, posters of trainers etc.
Make Poverty History
Trade justice campaign materials.
01202 715 933
curriculum ideas, books, videos, posters and games.
Trade Justice campaign for 6th form students.
Free pack containing posters, DVD-ROM,
lesson plans, assemblies.
Downloadable poetry book. Based around
Millennium Development Goals.
Send My Friend
The website contains lesson plans to help you explore
why many children are
missing out on an education and steps for making buddies.
Trade Justice Movement
Kingsway, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE11 0NE 0191 491 0591
Assemblies, lesson plans, images, primary reference materials, games, curriculum links.
Videos, information packs, teaching aids, games.